Tuesday, December 12, 2017

White (and Caramel) Christmas


I'm a little late getting these pictures to you because we had a little bit of a whoopsie daisy with the photos, and I have spent the last 10-days trying to have the memory card scrubbed and have photos recouped. Thankfully, they found a few of this beautiful tree, and I'm hoping they'll be able to find more. Fingers crossed! 

I was asked to participate in a Tour of Homes this year to benefit housing assistance for displaced families, and I couldn't wait to get set up. This entire tree ended up being auctioned off to a lucky winner, and I spent several hours taking each ornament off piece by piece making sure they didn't break for the long trip to the tree's new home in Pittsburgh! 

I started with a great base, the 7' Flocked Alpine Tree from Tree Classics. The tree comes pre-lit with clear lights, and comes out of the box in 3-pieces. Simply connect them together, and voila! You're done! A little fluffing was all it needed to get it ready for it's close up! 


Of course, the 300 pound urn had to stay near the tree, moving it even this far was quite the challenge. So it found itself the happy host to more of those 10" glittered balls from the tree. Tree Classics has some amazing ornament collections, and I used a couple for this tree. 



It's hard to pick a favorite, but I would definitely urge you to take a look at their 12-piece finial collections. They're stunning, and they hang so beautifully on the tree. I love the interest that they provide, with the unique shapes and varied styles. They have them in red, green, gold, and a rich matte red they're calling burgundy. Definitely a lot of bang for your buck with these beauties! 


I used some ornaments from my old show-house decorating days, too. Little blue and white birds, the snow and glitter picks, and those giant glitter orbs. Just in case you couldn't tell, there were a ton of picks in this tree, white magnolia blossoms, and ornaments in soft blues, golds, and brilliant green. The green ones were hand picked from the Merry & Bright collection from Tree Classics to go with the theme, and then I used the left over red ones to work into the dining room trees. This is a great idea - you can split up the ornaments from the collections Tree Classics offers to decorate multiple trees in multiple themes. 



There were a lot of oo's and ah's over this tree, and it was amazing getting to talk to people about the apartment and the changes I'd made. Chinoiserie obviously played a big part in the creation of this space, and I loved the play of the blue in the tree against all of the Chinoiserie blue and white porcelain, and the gold and cream of the ornaments and that beautiful Tree Classics tree against the colors of the sofa and cushion. 


The tree was really loaded down with ornaments, which isn't unusual for me. There were even little glass icicles that hung from the ends of 50 branches. It took forever to put this beauty up - and even longer to take it down! 


But it gets to spend a lovely season in a new home. Like I mentioned, there were also trees in the dining room - which I'm so hoping they can recover the photos of, as they were just as stunning. 

If you're still looking for ornaments, or perhaps some of the finest life-like artificial trees, please look no further than Tree Classics. The website now has free shipping site wide until December 14th, and most everything is on sale for 50% off! A great time to land a great deal on an even greater product! 

See you soon with some more Christmas decor ... I hope! 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree- you never disappoint! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree.....you have it decorated so beautifully! I love the color combination too!!! Fingers crossed you are able to recover your other photos.
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree decor is beyond fabulous and very unique!

    ReplyDelete